Note: Below you'll find curriculum change forms for Program and Course Changes. These forms may undergo minor revisions in the next few months. Please ensure you download the most up-to-date version of the forms when beginning a new submission package.
Updated AC1120 - Policy and Procedures on Calendar Submissions
New information - Clarification of the types of Calendar changes:
- Editorial Changes - Changes to the "Information for all students" and "The University of Victoria" sections of the Undergraduate and Graduate Calendars are considered editorial and do not require curriculum forms. These changes are marked using red ink on pages of the most recent version of the calendar. For lengthy changes (greater than 1 sentence) please include a word (.doc) file or email with the proposed text along with the original page and location in the calendar. Editorial changes can also be submitted as colour digital scans or PDFs to email@example.com.
- Curriculum Form Changes - All substantive changes to departments' and faculties' general information and program sections should be completed using Program Curriculum change forms. Changes to courses should be submitted within Course Curriculum change forms. Small edits of an editorial nature (corrections of spelling and grammar) may be submitted as red-ink changes similar to editorial changes above. For more information see below.
- Major Section Re-organization - These major re-organizations should be arranged with the calendar coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) well prior to submission in an effort to minimize potential issues and the number of change forms required.
Three curriculum cycles will be introduced beginning in May 2014:
- Cycle 1 - Calendar effective May 1st, 2014
- Cycle 2 - Calendar effective Sep 1st, 2014
- Cycle 3 - Calendar effective Jan 1st, 2015
OREG Deadlines and Key Dates 2013-2015
The deadlines for all three cycles are noted chronologically below. The Graduate, Undergraduate and Editorial changes are all due on the same date. For example, for Cycle 1 they are due on Friday November 15th, 2013.
Guide for Curriculum Change Forms
This supplemental information is under development and will continue to be expanded and updated. A comprehensive guide to Curriculum Submission including examples will be available Summer 2013. For questions, please contact Jill Carruthers, or by phone 250-721-8471.
Curriculum Submission includes the following proposed changes to curriculum:
Important Notes About Curriculum Form Preparation
- The form templates all use red text to denote areas that require attention. Before completing your submission, review the red text and ensure you have completed all the appropriate areas. If complete, remove any red text that is not applicable and change all text to black.
- The submission text should match exactly what is in the calendar. This includes bold, italics, and superscript where applicable.
- All submissions should begin on a new page.
- When submitting changes after they have been posted on the Curriculum SharePoint, please ensure you download and make any changes to the document.
- The revised Policy and Procedures (AC1120) will be taken to the May Senate for approval.
File Type and Naming Convention
All course and program changes should be submitted using a compatible word document (.doc) and supplemental information should be submitted as PDF files. Files are to be named using the following information and the table below (mixed case is acceptable):
- Level: UG or G
- Academic Unit: Code(s) four letters or less: IED, LING, or MATH. If there is more than one code in the submission separate them by and dash (“-”).
- Effective date: MayYY, JanYY or SepYY
- Type/Description: Leave blank for program changes, CRS for course changes, or short description of the contents. For example, GEOGconsult, MATHconsult etc.
- Revision – This field should be blank in the original file name. Each successive revision should have a dash and number as appropriate “-“1, 2, 3 etc.
Program Change Forms
Program curriculum changes are composed of two form templates:
To create your submission, begin with the ‘Program-Summary.doc’ and copy and paste the ‘Program-Template.doc’ as appropriate. The submissions are numbered sequentially and not by page number. Please ensure that each new submission begins on a new page by using page breaks where appropriate (see ‘Insert a page break’ in MS Word help for instructions specific to your version) Do not edit the header or footer.
Course Change Forms
Course curriculum changes are composed of two form templates:
To create your submission, begin with the ‘Course-Summary.doc’ and copy and paste the ‘Course-Template.doc’ as appropriate. The submissions are numbered sequentially and not by page number. Please ensure that each new submission begins on a new page by using page breaks where appropriate (see ‘Insert a page break’ in MS Word help for instructions specific to your version) Do not edit the header or footer.
Guide for Curriculum Process and Examples
IN PROGRESS - Expected Summer 2013