Once you've estimated your expenses and resources you need to come up with a plan to manage your money wisely. A budget is a simple way for you to organize and manage your money to ensure that it lasts for your entire academic year. A budget will give you a picture of where your money is coming from, when it's coming and how it's being spent. A budget is your key to financial control.
Budgeting in Cyberspace
Rather than working out your income and expenses on paper, try these on-line budgeting tools:
• Get Smarter About Money - Unbiased money and investing information, and Blog.
• The Debt Free Graduate - The Student's On-Line Source for Financial Advice - Tools, resources, on-line budget calculators and even campus kitchen recipes.
• CanLearn - Canada's one-stop resource for the information and interactive planning tools you need to explore learning and education opportunities, research occupations, develop learning strategies and create the financial plans to achieve your goals.
• BC Transit Commuting Cost Calculator - Figure out how much it costs you to drive to school. Think how much you can save with your UPass!
• Canadian Youth Connection - Jobs, Education, Money, Health and Wellness all at your fingertips!
• Canadian Bankers Association - there's something about money! Find out more.
• The Money Belt - Interactive game to increase knowledge of today's financial world.
Starting and Leaving School
Alberta Student Loans - Information about entering and exiting school and your responsibilities as a student loan borrower.
British Columbia Student Loan Service Bureau - "Under Fequently Asked Questions" the BCSL Service Bureau goes into borrower responsibilities and repayment information.