Applicants with more than two full time semesters, or who have received the diplome detudes collegiales (DEC), with a minimum overall average of 70% (calculated on a weighted basis) at a college denseignment generale et professionel (CEGEP), may normally be granted up to 15 units of transfer credit at a first or second year level.
FOR ALL FACULTIES
- Applicants who have completed only two full time semesters at a college d'enseignement generale et professionnel (CEGEP) and who have an overall average of at least B (calculated on a weighted basis) may be granted admission to Year One. No transfer credit will be considered. Normally one full time year consists of 14 courses.
- Students applying from QUEBEC PRIVATE HIGH SCHOOLS will be eligible for admission consideration if they have been awarded the Secondary V Certificate and have the equivalent of four academic Grade 12 courses as per the Province of British Columbia requirements. Applicants are not required to meet the Grade 11 subject requirements.
- Students applying from LOWER CANADA COLLEGE are evaluated as per the Ontario regulation using six pre-university courses (Gr 12 U or OAC) to calculate admission average.
ENGINEERING (Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Software Engineering)
See note for ALL FACULTIES. Applicants to a B.Eng. and B.SEng. program must show adequate preparation in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry at a CEGEP for consideration. See UVic calendar for more information.
ENGINEERING (Computer Science)
See note for ALL FACULTIES. Applicant to a B.Sc. in Computer Science must show adequate preparation in Mathematics and Sciences at a CEGEP for consideration. See UVic calendar for more information.
See ALL FACULTIES. In addition to academic requirements, applicants to the school of Music, the Department of Visual Arts, and the Department of Theatre, are assessed through an audition, portfolio or questionnaire.
HUMAN AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT (Health Information Science only)
See note for ALL FACULTIES. Applicant must show adequate preparation in Mathematics at a CEGEP for consideration. See UVic calendar for more information.
See ALL FACULTIES
No Year 1 entry. Consult calendar for admission requirements.
- Within the full year of study must be two semesters of English (603 prefix), two semesters of Mathematics (201 prefix), and the equivalent of two full-year approved Science courses.
- Applicants with more than two full time semesters or who have received the diplome d'etudes collegiales (DEC), with a minimum overall average of B at a CEGEP, may normally be granted up to 15 units of first or second year level credit. 9.0 units of Science credit must be granted, including credit for 3.0 units of Math (chosen from the following UVic courses Math 100, 101, 102, 151) OR the applicant must be able to meet the requirements outlined ALL FACULTIES
See ALL FACULTIES