Official transcripts are available to both current students and alumni. The transcript includes the student’s entire academic record at the University of Victoria, with the exception of non-credit courses taken through Continuing Studies. For all Continuing Studies inquiries please contact them directly at email@example.com. Transcripts are confidential and can only be released by online or paper request from the student.
In 2008 UVic launched a new student database. All current and past students were assigned a new student number beginning with “V0”. If you do not have your new student number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To order transcripts and access your administrative transcript, you will need a Netlink ID and password. To set up your Netlink ID click here.
UVic students applying to UVic Graduate Programs are not required to submit Official UVic transcripts. Students may choose to submit an administrative transcript at no cost.
On this page:
How to access your Administrative Transcript (unofficial)
If you do not require an official transcript you can access your Administrative Transcript (unofficial transcript) by following these steps:
- Sign in to UVic MyPage using your Netlink ID and password
- Select ‘Student Services’ (on mid-left of page)
- Select ‘Grades and Records’ (on mid page)
- Select ‘Administrative Transcript’
Key differences between Administrative and Official Transcript
Official Transcript processing times
Regular Transcript Orders – Orders are normally processed within 5 business days of receipt (excluding weekends and holidays).
Priority Transcript Orders – Orders are normally processed within 1 business day of receipt (excluding weekends and holidays) or within 30 minutes for in-person requests at the Office of the Registrar (located on the main floor of University Centre).
Official Transcript pricing information
Includes cost of regular Canada Post mailing if applicable. See Pick up and Delivery options for additional information.
Regular Transcript Orders- $10.00 per copy
Priority Transcript Orders- $17.00 per copy
Important information about your order
- Credit card payments may only be made in-person or using our online ordering system through My Page. We can no longer accept credit card payments for orders placed via email, fax or phone.
- Transcript orders will not be processed until payment is received in full.
- Transcript prices are per copy. Courier prices are per address and can include multiple copies.
- Current students are required to ensure that the grades from the previous session have been recorded on their transcript before the order is placed. It is not possible to hold a transcript order for incoming grades and/or grade changes (See "How to access your Administrative Transcript" above).
- Regular Transcript orders may be held for the awarding of your degree if you are expecting to graduate at the next convocation ceremony only. Transcript orders that have been held for a degree will be processed within three business days of the Senate approval of degrees.
- Courses dropped without academic penalty will not appear on the Official Transcript.
- If you require 3rd party forms to be included with your transcript order, these must be submitted with the transcript order. If you place the order online please email the forms along with your name and student number to email@example.com.
- Transcript orders will not be processed for students who have outstanding fees owing to UVic. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding payment of outstanding fees.
- Transcript orders that are to be held for pick up will be kept for a maximum of three months. Transcripts that are not picked up within this time frame will be destroyed.
Pick-up and delivery options
Transcripts held for pickup
Transcripts may be held for pickup at the Office of the Registrar located on the main floor of University Centre. Students will be required to bring photo ID matching the name on the transcript before the transcripts are released.
If you require a third party to pick up the transcript on your behalf you must provide one of the following:
- An email sent from your primary UVic email address containing your name, student number and the full name of the individual picking up the transcript.
- A signed letter containing your name, student number and the full name of the individual picking up the transcript.
The third party will be required to provide photo ID, matching the name in the email or letter. This documentation will be filed with each request and only applies to that individual order.
Transcripts will be mailed out the following day after they are processed via Canada Post. UVic is not responsible for transcripts that are lost or delayed in the mail. Canada Post usually takes between 3-5 business days within Canada. International mailing varies by destination.
Transcripts can be faxed to and then prepared for mailing or pick-up as requested. You are responsible for providing an accurate fax number and mailing address.
For courier services a complete street address is required with postal code as well as the telephone number of the recipient. Courier services WILL NOT deliver to a Box number. If no street address is provided the transcript will be mailed via Canada Post.
Courier Charges are subject to change. The following charges are currently in effect:
- To an address in Canada $20.00
- To an address in the United States $32.00
- To an address outside Canada and the United States $47.00
Any return charges that are incurred due to the inability of the courier company to deliver the transcript package or the receiver´s failure to pick up or accept such delivery are the responsibility of the student.
How to order your Official Transcript
To order Official transcripts and access your administrative transcript, you will need a Netlink ID and password. To set up your Netlink ID click here.
- Sign in to UVic My Page using your Netlink ID and password
- Select ‘Student Services’ (on mid-left of page)
- Select ‘Order transcript’ (under ‘What would you Like to do?’)
- Follow instructions on ordering screen
Online orders are submitted with credit card payments only (Visa, MasterCard or American Express). To check the status of your online order sign into My page, from the ‘Student Services’ menu, choose the ‘Grades and Records’ tab, and the ‘Transcript request status’ option.
You may come in to the Office of Registrar front counter (located on the main floor of University Centre) and complete a Regular or Priority Transcript Request. You can pay with cash, debit, Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
Regular Transcript form in PDF format.
Office of the Registrar
University of Victoria
PO Box 3025 STN CSC
Victoria BC V8W 3P2
For orders not placed online, you must request a confirmation that your transcript was sent by supplying us with an e-mail address, noted on the bottom of the online order form.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Transcript Clerk by phone 250-721-6641 or email email@example.com.